Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Husband, The Poet

My husband is usually a man of very few words. He's an accountant, not a poet or a writer, but he wrote this the other day and it really touched me. It came from the heart and has given me so much strength that I am posting it here with his permission:

Our Unborn Child

Our unborn child is searching for us
We know how that must seem
It’s nothing too mysterious
We see her in our dreams

She’s got curly blonde hair
Just as beautiful as can be
And it’s through this poem I want to share
How much she means to me

Almost a year and a half has gone by
And she still hasn’t found her way
Sometimes I find I just want to cry
But somehow I know it’s going to be okay

We’ve found the path that leads to her
It’s lit bright so now we can see
For strength we’re relying on each other
And that’s exactly how it should be

I anticipate that moment in life
When two now become three
Me, my baby and my beautiful wife
Adding our own branch to the family tree

2 comments:

annie said...

this is truly beautiful. i pray that one day you will both be able to share the poem with your much loved little one.....and that that day may come very soon.

love and thoughts maggie x

Country Chick said...

Wow - not bad for an accountant!