Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's All In The Timing

First, let me say, I don't think I have a single reader -- not a single one! I have told no one about this blog (at least not yet) -- it's kind of my guilty little pleasure. I have a number of other blogs that I do read regularly, and I have to admit I am a little jealous at the audience and support they have. At the end of the day, though, I like my little corner of the Internet -- I invite anyone who wishes to come and visit for a while, but I really enjoy not having the responsibility of having an audience. So, that being said, I will continue to write about what I want to write about -- enter at your own risk...

I recently decided to start meditating again. I bought a meditation program specifically designed for fertility, and I have yet to stay awake to listen to the whole thing. Still, it's a start (although the focus is on positive, not negative energy -- maybe I need to change the name of my blog). I've decided (as you could probably tell from my last entry) to transform my my "Type A" self into a "Type B." It's been a struggle -- but I think I at least hit the "A-" mark this week. The clincher was yesterday. I forgot to wear my watch to work, which is something I have not forgotten to do since, well, forever! It was hugely disturbing to me, not constantly knowing what time it was. Maybe it was my subconscious making that extra "Type B" effort for me? I managed to get through it, and I think I may forget to wear my watch on purpose for the rest of the weekend...

Today is the day my husband and I go to that fancy little hotel on the beach for our last ditch effort at conceiving naturally before IVF (I guess technically we would still have one more cycle after this, but the timing this time could not have worked out more perfectly). My chart is looking good, I ritualistically peed on a stick this morning and, again, the timing would be perfect. The only problem is, I have a nasty cold (which I think I caught from my DH), and the whole TTC thing is the last thing I want to do right now! It really is more romantic than it sounds, though -- my husband is voluntarily giving up a weekend of college football for this...

5 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome to blogland and the TTC family!

I found you thru babyblogorama.net

Just wanted to say welcome and that you now have a reader. :o)

Lots of luck!

Cindy said...

Ditto what Kim said.

Kristen said...

I found your blog through Google. Welcome! I will definitely be tuning in to hear what you have to say.

Good luck with the meditation. I start my Yoga classes next week so we will see how that goes. Keep us posted!

~Kristen

Sunny said...

Welcome to the blog world. You know it took LOTS of commenting and putting myself out there to get any followers. I hope more come your way!

Ms Heathen said...

You now have another new reader! I'm also gearing up for an IVF/ICSI cycle in December, and am trying to do everything I can to get myself in the best possible shape - physically and emotionally - for then. In the meantime, I'm also pouring my heart out on an apparently readerless blog! Hope the meditation has the required effect.